Sunday, July 8, 2012

First Fish From The Canoe


With the heat as crazy as it has been, time on the canoe has not been to inviting.  In the time off, I got my fishing license.  My little one has been bugging me to get it s she can catch some 'fishies', so I finally dug some rods outta the attic and bought some tackle.  


We bought some nightcrawlers and headed to Lake Atwood in the Hollows.  We always see fish there and it is a nice calm lake to start on.  We cast our lines and sat out on the lake.  The water is so clear out there, you can watch the fish swim around the worm and check things out.  It wasn't long before we started getting nibbles.  And shortly after that we lost all the worms. The fish that were hitting were such little guys, they could eat the worm around the hook and take off.  We also lost a worm to my littlest.  It became her pet on this trip.......until he made his way to the hook also.


We snagged one fish out of Atwood that day.  It was a little guy, but it was a FISH!  She was so excited to reel it in and she took the crown for The First Fish Caught From The Canoe. Great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment