Saturday, November 13, 2010

Northern Illinois Paddlers: Underwater In Lake Attwood in Crystal Lake, IL.

If you have not been to this hidden gem of a lake...MAKE THE TRIP! This is Lake Attwood in The Hollows of Crystal Lake. It is a spring fed lake so it is crystal clear. The best part is, you do not need any special passes an there is no fee to get out on the lake. You do need your Illinois registration sticker and this area is patrolled by DNR. I have seen them there more often than not.



I will be honest, the first time I was out on this lake, I thought that it would get boring fast. It is a fairly small lake, especially for those of us that like to roam up and down the rivers and creeks. The value that this lake has that is so captivating is the clarity of the water. I stuck my 7 foot paddle straight under water in the center of the lake and could still see the whole paddle. I just started paddling this lake LATE in the season, so I have not seen any of the fish life. I have heard that this is some of the best fishing in the area though. Now that I have the GoPro HD, I can not WAIT till spring so I can get some more underwater footage and possibly spy on some fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment