Saturday, November 13, 2010

Northern Illinois Paddlers: Nauti Dog @ Mineola Bay

Meeting up with friends is great....especially when you can meet up with them in the middle of the Bay! This was shot out on Mineola Bay. I was out for a paddle and got word that some friends were out on their houseboat for a little sunset cruise. I also got word that one of them had taken their little 8ft speed boat out the the gathering. It was funny to see a speedboat tied to a canoe that was twice it's size!

It was a great time meeting up with a boat load of people out on the lake. I hung with them and watched the sunset but, in the back of my head was the thought, "I am about 5 miles from my put in....and it is going to be dark".

I was prepared though. This was the night of my first night paddle. I had a battery operated bow and stern light to keep me legal and visible. Once I left the party, I headed straight to shore and hugged it all the way back. It was very calm out this evening, which made it that much more relaxing.



Here is a shot of the Mineola Hotel at night on my way back to the launch..




No comments:

Post a Comment