Sunday, May 22, 2011

Lake Atwood Through the GoPro

After The Paddle in The Park, I attacked Lake Atwood. I don't think it knew what was coming when I started walking the boat down to the shore. I launched at the far west corner of the lake. There is a great little cove there that always stays calm. It is also filled with fish.

There was a threat of rain all day at the Paddle Event and the chance of rain grew as the day went on. As I stood at the booth, I watched the attendees paddle across the lake and their wakes were the only ripples out there. I could not wait to get out there. As hours went by, I became more excited and hopeful that the rain would hold off. When I was all done with the event, the sun was out and the lake was calm..... it was time to paddle!!



The only camera I had with me was my GoPro. I decided to mount it to a spare paddle so I could get it under the lake. Atwood is so clear, you can stick your paddle straight down and still see the far tip of it. The clear, spring fed water of this lake make it what it is. Usually, you paddle out and watch the scenery as it goes by. On Atwood, you spend your time slowly paddling around looking DOWN into the water. My GoPro spent most of it's time underwater. It was worth it. I made some friends under the water......


I love this lake. It is close to home, usually calm, and never very crowded. It is a great lake to paddle on, hike around and fish in. If you are in the area and want to get wet real quick, stop out at The Hollows and head to the back!

No comments:

Post a Comment