Friday, December 3, 2010

Season Ending???

Well, I got word from a friend on the river that the ice is coming in.... So does that mean it is the end of the season? It looks like it might be, at least locally. I am not planning on staying off the water ALL winter though. I have a trip booked to Florida at the end of December and I will find a way out on the water down there! But will it be the same as paddling on the "home" river?

I think the change will be nice! Palm trees and ferns, rather than evergreens and overgrowth. From what I can tell, the water will be clearer down there.... depending on where I am at of course. I think I am most excited in finding a kayak down there to use for the couple weeks I will be there. I have a friend of a friend that has told me that he has a canoe and kayak that I have access to if I want. I may also check out craigslist. See if I can't find a keeper.

So, although the river and lakes up here are headed into hibernation, that doesn't mean that we as paddlers are done. The addiction is still burning in there and we will find a place to paddle. I may just sit on a stool in the living room, watching the National Geographic channel with a paddle in my hands..... I think that will quench it a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment